Friday, February 27, 2015

Old Dogs Rule

The old dogs are wise. They have stopped barking and are happy exactly where they are in life. My 49th birthday is coming up and I have found my own bark is beginning to quiet. I am learning to choose my battles and to enjoy the process, of everything.  I look forward to this second half of my life. Yes, I plan on living to at least 100. Why not? There is so much to do in this life, in this world.

The dogs keep me young. Even the old ones beckon me to get out and walk with them. We smell the flowers (well, they pee on them...) but we breathe and move and explore.

Reports say that having a dog is good for your health and can even lower your blood pressure. That is better than any medication or trip to the gym!

If your dog is causing frustration or stress in your life, maybe it is time to take a closer look at balancing out the dog, and yourself, to help both of you move forward to better health and a better life together.

 A dog ages 7 years to our 1 year. If I knew I was to age 7 years in the next 365 days...I think I might be more serious about playing fetch too!


No comments:

Post a Comment